SILVER LAKE ROD & GUN CLUB
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
CALL TO ORDER:
7:00 PM By club president Bob Kuhn
Dan Hungerford, Bob Kuhn, Jim Mayers, Fred Guyette, Ron Walter, Jack Legg,
Jack Raynor, Jack Revie, Dave Byerly, Mike DePaola, Sam Williamson, Dave Shaffer
SUBJECT: Review 2016 Capital Projects
Reviewed 2015 Club Projects
- DROP CEILING in indoor range lounge area. Completed with exception of diffusers.
- 36” door between main clubhouse room & back room, completed.
- 100 yd range backstop/trap range excavation, to be done with trap lounge work.
- New chairs for clubhouse. Dan purchased 48 chairs and one caddy.
- Install and enclose side porch on clubhouse. Still required.
- Kitchen upgrade (paint & hardware) Still required. Dave Shaffer to price. Ron Walter to request a price quote from Jeff Rosencrans
- Security system. Cameras installed. Monitor system operational.
- Trap lounge addition. Bob has signed the contract. Work to commence when weather permits. Colors to match club house.
- Indoor range splatter backstop replacement.
Item #5 - We will need an estimate to build an attached enclosed side porch at the club house. This will include footers, deck, roof, siding, windows and sliding glass doors. A sub-committee was formed including Fred Guyette, Dave Shaffer, Dave Byerly, and Ron Walter. The assignment is to determine feasibility and cost. Timing is of the essence as we did not have room for everyone at the Annual Dinner meeting.
Fred brought up the idea of allowing jacketed bullets at the indoor range.
Discussed the possible requirement for all indoor range users to attend and pass a training course. Discussed possibly have a monthly training session on a Saturday morning. The subject of installing a card reader access system to be installed was discussed. Once an individual took and passed the training course, a card would be issued for access to the range. Fred noted that Henry Pyke and Paul Almy are in the process of obtaining information for a card reader system. Dave Byerly to revive his information he has pertaining to the card reader system.
Part of the training session would include the use of all the lighting as well as the exhaust and heating systems. We will need 4-6 club members to become qualified instructors. Will review this with Tom Blackman when he and Patty do the Gals & Guns classes.
Determined to increase the range fee(s) from $2.00 to $3.00 for all areas. Ron Walter motioned that the fee increase be put into effect as of March 1st. Motion 2nd by Sam Williamson. All approved.
It was noted that Dave Shaffer, Jack Revie, Sam Williamson and Tom Blackman would form a sub-committee for the indoor range work discussed.
Jim Mayers noted that Garth Shannon and Mark Harlost have requested permission to install a temporary wind blocking at the 400 yard tower. It was noted they would be reimbursed for expenses but the plan is to install glass similar to what is on the upper trap lounge room.
Discussed how to distribute money from the Roger Everitt Memorial Shoot. It was noted that Lorna’s wish was that money go to a local youth group(s) and also to the club for maintenance and upkeep.
Discussed providing a scholarship(s) to the Boy Scout troop or possibly the 4H group. It was noted that the 4H group shows up for one day once a year.
Fred noted that the trap lounge needs a new phone.
It was noted that SASS will commence in April and conclude in October.
The 3D shoots will commence in April and conclude in September.
Adjourned at 9:00 PM.
Jim Mayers, Secretary